We’ve been closed for almost four months now.
Covid-19 has had a monumental impact on the travel and tourism industry.
Most of the summer, which Scottish hotels rely on for income, has gone.
Social distancing and heightened hygiene and health and safety are at the top of travellers’ concerns.
So, over the lockdown, we had a long look at we should be offering when we re-open.
Pre-lockdown, we had more live music and more weddings than ever.
Our live music is being rescheduled (news soon) and all our weddings have been rescheduled too. We are still very much in the business of putting on live events and we are keener than ever to host family gatherings.
We’ve decided that, in the new hotel normal, we should focus on events and group bookings. All of which will be governed by Scottish Government guidelines.
We’ve cut down the number of rooms to nine. We now have one executive suite, four double rooms, two twin rooms and two single rooms. That’s a capacity of sixteen people. Although two small children could also squeeze in the executive suite if required.
From 1 August 2020 we are now only accepting group bookings. Groups will have exclusive use of the entire hotel for their stay. There is an early check in (12pm) and a late check out (12pm). To ensure maximum sanitisation of the premises there will be no other group within 24 hours of your stay.
We are calling this stay “The Getaway” and we believe that there are many family, friendship, sporting or cultural groups who would like to “get away” to enjoy both the outdoor beauty Aberdour and Fife has to offer and the indoor facilities of the hotel.
There will be one group and one group only in the hotel at a time. One big hotel, for one group, to have the time of their lives!
The Getaway includes:
- Breakfast and Two course dinner in our Kelso restaurant
- Exclusive use of the Grant Room. This contains a table tennis table, music facilities and a high res projector with screen. Bring your favourite DVDs!
- Exclusive use of the Clipper room. Relax and read the papers or your book. Bring your vinyl or tapes and play your favourite music
- Exclusive use of the Clipper bar. Your own bartender, tv and pool table. Karaoke facilities available too!
- Exclusive use of the outdoor area. A 16 capacity beer garden area
- Option of the Aberdour Cocktail Club experience
There is a minimum of a two night stay at the weekend and a minimum of five rooms must be booked.